Tuesday 10 July 2012

Profile photo.

Hi of course its not me,not now! not ever, I borrowed it from Hot Redheads,
reminded me of Sheila a friend from school in the sixties,
a lovely girl,twelve or thirteen when we met,she had a shapeless mass of ginger hair and freckles it goes without saying,
she was about six months older than me ,
then one day I saw this great looking girl, hair in a great Vidal Sasson style cut
and a really short yellow mini dress,
it was my friend Sheila, wow, you look wonderful,I gushed.
thanks Katie she replied,
of course I had so many questions, yes she had a boyfriend, she got a load of grief off her mum about her short skirts, stopping out late,etc. etc.
but she was young and full of fun,
I felt even more the ugly duckling in my baggy knee length,brown corduroy skirt and jumper my gran had knitted me,
Katie your fourteen next month, time you got a new hairstyle and some minis,
you know what its like for money in our house,
of course I do Katie but your a dab hand with the sewing machine,you can run yourself some trendy outfits in no time,
anyway, Ive got a Saturday job, you dont think my mum shells out for this gear do you?
I can put in a word for you with the manger,its money for old rope,
thanks ,youve give me plenty to think about anyway,
well Ive got to dash now Im meeting my lad shortly.
and with that she belted off down the street,
a couple of old nanas tutted as Sheilas dress flicked up to give a flash of her panties,
food for thought then,   bye  x























2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! Did you make your clothes as suggested?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did begin dressmaking,
    but I will tell more of that later. thanks for asking x

    ReplyDelete